NARA to Award $1.9 Million for Historical Records Projects

This is wonderful news from Eastman's newsletter: https://eogn.com/page-18080/12999845

NARA to Award $1.9 Million for Historical Records Projects

Eastman notes the major efforts, and links to a complete list: https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/awards/awards-11-22

Valorie

--
https://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

Kathryn Schultz

That’s all great, but I would have been happier if I’d
seen digitizing and indexing the Draper Collection
on the list.

Kathryn Schultz

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:20 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
This is wonderful news from Eastman's newsletter: https://eogn.com/page-18080/12999845

NARA to Award $1.9 Million for Historical Records Projects

Eastman notes the major efforts, and links to a complete list: https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/awards/awards-11-22

Valorie

--
https://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

Me too, Kathryn. I'm unsure if the Wisconsin Archives wrote a grant request for the money. I did advocate that the NGS donate some money towards this cause at the last Delegate Council meeting. I hope that DAR members will suggest the same to DAR.

We'll hear what Lee Grady, Reference Archivist for the Wisconsin Historical Society has to say about that June 17, 2023!

Valorie

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 12:05 PM Kathryn Schultz <ksschultz47@...> wrote:
That’s all great, but I would have been happier if I’d
seen digitizing and indexing the Draper Collection
on the list.

Kathryn Schultz

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:20 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
This is wonderful news from Eastman's newsletter: https://eogn.com/page-18080/12999845

NARA to Award $1.9 Million for Historical Records Projects

Eastman notes the major efforts, and links to a complete list: https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/awards/awards-11-22

Valorie

--
https://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

--
https://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

Carol Larson

Me too Kathryn.

On Nov 23, 2022, at 12:05 PM, Kathryn Schultz <ksschultz47@...> wrote:

That’s all great, but I would have been happier if I’d
seen digitizing and indexing the Draper Collection
on the list.

Kathryn Schultz

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 1:20 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
This is wonderful news from Eastman's newsletter: https://eogn.com/page-18080/12999845

NARA to Award $1.9 Million for Historical Records Projects

Eastman notes the major efforts, and links to a complete list: https://www.archives.gov/nhprc/awards/awards-11-22

Valorie

--
https://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

Susan Bleimehl

Are you having Lee Grady speak to your group in June of next year?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 4:48 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
[...]

We are! Confirmed just this past week. 😀🦃

Valorie

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 5:48 PM Susan Bleimehl <skbsews@...> wrote:
[...]

Great news, Valorie, that SKCGS is having him speak.
I’m really looking forward to hearing him again.

Kathryn Schultz

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 7:48 PM Susan Bleimehl <skbsews@...> wrote:
[...]

We are also having him speak this spring. In April, he will be doing Find Your Ancestors: Using Maps for Genealogy and Local History. We always look forward to the talks he gives.
Susan

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 8:21 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
[...]

Will that be open up non-members?  I would love to hear him. I took my grandsons (14&11) to meet him last summer. They were not excited.  I loved the visit. I would also love to see their collection of Edith Head movie drawings. Carol Larson

On Nov 23, 2022, at 7:44 PM, Susan Bleimehl <skbsews@...> wrote:

[...]

All of our meetings are open to the public (except for the study groups) and possible future seminars. Watch for news the preceding month. Perhaps Susan will let us know about her own society's meeting?

Valorie

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 8:01 PM Carol Larson via groups.io <Larsonjw=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Yes, the meeting is free for members. Guests for a $10 charge, I believe. You can check the website for registration details closer to April 2023 for details. dcags.org.