Topics

Locating Your Ancestors Using Clusters by James Tanner

Hi folks, I just finished listening to Locating Your Ancestors Using Clusters by James Tanner on Youtube. This is not about DNA clustering, but about looking at a town or affinity group such as those who speak a common language, have the same religion, or cultural heritage as we research.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSElDcp4ySo

He discusses the use of a couple of tools I've not used much, BillionGraves and FindMyPast, for his examples. However, I think the principles will apply especially to those of us who are researching the Black miners of Franklin.

It will be interesting to apply as we look at area cemeteries, in particular.

Warning: sound is very low, so you may need headphones.

There is another on the same subject by Ancestral Findings, only 8 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1JwNAkSg2c

Valorie