Topics

Geneanet adds a new tool to find the common ancestor of you and your DNA match

Read more about it here:

I uploaded my DNA data first, and later my gedcom.

To get the tool to work for me, first I had to ensure that I was the "root" of my tree, which had been changed to some random person on my husband's side of the family! Then, I had to remove my DNA date, and reupload it, this time linking it to me on the tree.

Today my matches showed up and the tool worked -- although a couple of my matches had the same issues I did, so I wrote to them.

I've had very good luck with writing to matches on Geneanet -- better than any of the testing sites! And we've figured some of our common ancestors.

Valorie