Topics

Fw: Franklin Coal MIne

MARYLYNN STRICKLAND

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 2:11 PM
To: sherrie.evans@... <sherrie.evans@...>
Subject: Re: Franklin Coal MIne

Ooops, should have gone into the archives instead of the editor.  Here you go:

Part II—Fire Spreads Death in Franklin Mine By MaryLynn Strickland By 1894 the miners of Franklin were working side by side—people who...
skcgs.blogspot.com

Grandma worked on the railroad. No, that’s not a typo. Grandma worked on the railroad. No, not a cushy desk job! My grandmother, Mary Grady, of Ravensdale, Washington, at age 40, went to work on an all-woman railroad section gang and worked eight hours a day doing back-breaking manual labor.
skcgs.blogspot.com

by Katie Hanzeli “If it wasn’t for coal, there never would have been a Black Diamond, Washington.” 1 About 1885, the Black Diamond ...
skcgs.blogspot.com

Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 12:21 PM
To: 'MARYLYNN STRICKLAND' <mlstrick2@...>
Subject: RE: Franklin Coal MIne

When I click the links I just get this page?? Which is taking me to this url:  https://www.blogger.com/onboarding

Sherrie Evans
po Box 84
Black Diamond, WA 98010
360-886-6918
sherrie.evans@...

Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2020 11:43 AM
To: Sherrie Evans <sherrie.evans@...>
Subject: Franklin Coal MIne

Hi Sherrie,

Here are links to a couple blogs that I have written about Franklin.  I don't pretend to be an expert at all but have been interested in it for many years.

I still have a manila folder full of newspaper articles and other research collected over the last 30 or 40 years.  I don't believe anyone has set about researching the genealogy of any of the black miners and that might be very interesting.

MaryLynn Strickland