Topics

Fw: Franklin Coal MIne

MARYLYNN STRICKLAND

From: MARYLYNN STRICKLAND <mlstrick2@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 2:11 PM
To: sherrie.evans@... <sherrie.evans@...>
Subject: Re: Franklin Coal MIne

Ooops, should have gone into the archives instead of the editor.  Here you go:

Part II—Fire Spreads Death in Franklin Mine By MaryLynn Strickland By 1894 the miners of Franklin were working side by side—people who...
skcgs.blogspot.com

Grandma worked on the railroad. No, that’s not a typo. Grandma worked on the railroad. No, not a cushy desk job! My grandmother, Mary Grady, of Ravensdale, Washington, at age 40, went to work on an all-woman railroad section gang and worked eight hours a day doing back-breaking manual labor.
skcgs.blogspot.com

  by Katie Hanzeli “If it wasn’t for coal, there never would have been a Black Diamond, Washington.” 1 About 1885, the Black Diamond ...
skcgs.blogspot.com