Topics

Effie McBee Todhunter Heather's divorce

I found an intriguing article about Effie McBee's divorce from her first husband being voided after she married again, then noticed that Judy Russell has a webinar called D-I-V-O-R-C-E!: https://familytreewebinars.com/download.php?webinar_id=279. I watched it again and was inspired to search more deeply in Newspapers.com and found this more complete article, along with two smaller ones, *and* the marriage license application in the local paper for her second marriage. None of this changes the timeline, but it does flesh out the information. I am now determined to get those court records! All of this research makes me feel so sorry for Effie's son, who was eight years old during this scandal.

EffieTodhunterHeatherDivorce30Oct1913Thu,p4SiouxCityJournalIA.png

Also curious about Frank Allison who perhaps was working for Ira Clifford Todhunter's family, since he was hospitalized. I came across some stories about Frank Allison of Indianola, Iowa in the 1930's who was disgraced for defrauding local people during WWI, but it is unclear if it is the same man.

Judy Russell is always worth reading and hearing, but this divorce webinar is a gold mine, and very entertaining to boot!

Valorie

Sherrie Evans

Very interesting!

Sherrie Evans