Topics

Black heritage of Franklin, Washington #volunteer-opportunity

MaryLynn, Sherrie and I had a meeting this morning with Don Mason of the Black Diamond History Museum, about a project they have wanted for a long time: the Black miners of Franklin and their descendants. MaryLynn is already setting up a group tree on Ancestry to which we will invite any researchers who want to help with that research.

Don has a folder full of documents which Sherrie will scan and upload to the new sub-group we've make for this project at
https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Black-Heritage-Franklin. MaryLynn also has some documents and files to share.

Please join the new sub-group if you are interested in helping. And if you have stories or photos to share, please send them along! We want to work under the leadership of the Northwest African American Museum and with the Black Genealogy Research Group, and Sherrie is reaching out to those two groups.

I think this will be an exciting opportunity for our Society and look forward to working with some of you on this new project.

Valorie