Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels


 

Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her


Karen Harrison
 

Nice list- I like to watch the videos when I am working in the kitchen trying to do two things at once!  Luckily you can back up or rewatch if it is complicated.  Note the time Valorie sent this email?  My goodness, do you ever sleep?   

 

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:44 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her


Melanie Hinds
 

Valorie,

Great idea. I think I have a few I will add. 
BTW, I also listen to some Genealogy podcasts - not sure if others do or would be interested in my list, which I am happy to share. 

Melanie

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 1:44 AM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her


 

Feel free to change the title of the page to Free Genealogy Education or the like, and create a section for podcasts. 

Thanks for the input!

Valorie


On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 10:33 AM Melanie Hinds <hindsgenealogy@...> wrote:
Valorie,

Great idea. I think I have a few I will add. 
BTW, I also listen to some Genealogy podcasts - not sure if others do or would be interested in my list, which I am happy to share. 

Melanie

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 1:44 AM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her



--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her



 

Haha! I was on my way to bed, and I do sleep 8 hours most nights! -v


On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Karen Harrison <pnkharrison@...> wrote:
Nice list- I like to watch the videos when I am working in the kitchen trying to do two things at once!  Luckily you can back up or rewatch if it is complicated.  Note the time Valorie sent this email?  My goodness, do you ever sleep?   

 

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:44 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her



--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her



Melanie Hinds
 

I added some genealogy-related podcasts that I have downloaded and listen to. They are great when you are out and about and are anywhere from 15 minutes to 1 hour in length. I'm sure I missed some but these are some of my favorites. Enjoy!!


Janet Stroebel
 

I added a few more podcasts to Melanie's list that I listen to. I enjoy them when I'm on a walk or a drive for more than a few minutes.


Stephen Walsh
 

Thanks!


On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Karen Harrison <pnkharrison@...> wrote:
Nice list- I like to watch the videos when I am working in the kitchen trying to do two things at once!  Luckily you can back up or rewatch if it is complicated.  Note the time Valorie sent this email?  My goodness, do you ever sleep?   

 

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:44 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her


 

Thanks for all of the help! Next up, buffing up our wiki page with books we own that we're willing to do lookups in, and also recommended genealogy/family history themed mysteries or historical novels. 

Valorie

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 5:55 PM Stephen Walsh <walshs146@...> wrote:
Thanks!

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Karen Harrison <pnkharrison@...> wrote:
Nice list- I like to watch the videos when I am working in the kitchen trying to do two things at once!  Luckily you can back up or rewatch if it is complicated.  Note the time Valorie sent this email?  My goodness, do you ever sleep?   

 

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 11:44 PM Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:
Hi all, I found a fantastic list of recommended Youtube genealogy channels on Discord, so I thought I'd put them all into a wiki page for us. Feel free to add others you have found useful.

Recommended Youtube Genealogy Channels: https://skcgs.groups.io/g/Society/wiki/29096

I hope you find this useful.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her



--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her