Ravensdale Cemetery

Hi Rosemary, https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/77011/ravensdale-cemetery does not look encouraging. 

I'm going to add the main group in case anyone has more information. The Black Diamond Historical Society or Maple Valley Historical Society might have more information as well. 

Valorie

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 1:28 PM genfreak@... <titusduff@...> wrote:
Hi Valorie,
I was wondering if you know if the cemetery is accessible.  My uncle is buried there.
Thanks,
Rosemary

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

Sherrie Evans

I will be at the museum tomorrow and do some checking for you

On Oct 30, 2020, at 5:04 PM, Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@...> wrote:

Hi Rosemary, https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/77011/ravensdale-cemetery does not look encouraging. 

I'm going to add the main group in case anyone has more information. The Black Diamond Historical Society or Maple Valley Historical Society might have more information as well. 

Valorie

Hi Valorie,
I was wondering if you know if the cemetery is accessible.  My uncle is buried there.
Thanks,
Rosemary

--

forscher

In the ‘Directory of Cemeteries and Funeral Homes in Washington State’ copyright 1990 (that is old!) indicates that if you want access to contact the Black Diamond police dept. I was there many years ago to take photos for the King County Preservation Office and did not know to contact the police first, but it was very accessible and we didn’t notice any ‘no trespassing’ signs.

An interesting side note: Rosalie Boucher (1845-1921) was originally buried in the Ravensdale Cemetery, but her headstone showed up in the Saar Pioneer Cemetery sometime after the ‘Memorial Records of South King County, WA Volume I’ was published by SKCGS in 1981. Her story is on pages 56-58 in another SKCGS publication, ‘A History of Saar Pioneer Cemetery And Its Inhabitants.’

Karen

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sherrie Evans
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 8:52 PM
To: Society@skcgs.groups.io
Cc: titusduff@...
Subject: Re: [SKCGS] Ravensdale Cemetery

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

MARYLYNN STRICKLAND

Aha, Karen, that raises a question--does the King County Preservation Office have the photos you took?  And are they available, either in print or digitally?

MaryLynn

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> on behalf of forscher <forscher@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 9:17 PM
To: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io>
Cc: titusduff@... <titusduff@...>

In the ‘Directory of Cemeteries and Funeral Homes in Washington State’ copyright 1990 (that is old!) indicates that if you want access to contact the Black Diamond police dept. I was there many years ago to take photos for the King County Preservation Office and did not know to contact the police first, but it was very accessible and we didn’t notice any ‘no trespassing’ signs.

An interesting side note: Rosalie Boucher (1845-1921) was originally buried in the Ravensdale Cemetery, but her headstone showed up in the Saar Pioneer Cemetery sometime after the ‘Memorial Records of South King County, WA Volume I’ was published by SKCGS in 1981. Her story is on pages 56-58 in another SKCGS publication, ‘A History of Saar Pioneer Cemetery And Its Inhabitants.’

Karen

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sherrie Evans

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

forscher

I’ve got them somewhere! Please let me know if you really want to see them before I spent time searching.

Thanks, Karen

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> On Behalf Of MARYLYNN STRICKLAND
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 9:26 PM
To: Society@SKCGS.groups.io

Aha, Karen, that raises a question--does the King County Preservation Office have the photos you took?  And are they available, either in print or digitally?

MaryLynn

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> on behalf of forscher <forscher@...>

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

MARYLYNN STRICKLAND

I guess that would be up to Rosemary as to whether she would like to see the photos or if she prefers to visit the cemetery itself since her uncle is buried there.

MaryLynn

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 9:45 PM

I’ve got them somewhere! Please let me know if you really want to see them before I spent time searching.

Thanks, Karen

From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> On Behalf Of MARYLYNN STRICKLAND

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

forscher

Rosemary: are you willing to share the name of your uncle?

I found the photos I took of Ravensdale from May 2008. They look pretty much like the photos from the three sites Valorie shared earlier.

Karen

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 9:51 PM

I guess that would be up to Rosemary as to whether she would like to see the photos or if she prefers to visit the cemetery itself since her uncle is buried there.

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

No worries about the photos.  My uncle was just 6 months old when he died of Cholera Infautum.  So I doubt there would still be a marker for him.  
Thanks for all the help.
Rosemary

On 10/30/2020 9:51 PM MARYLYNN STRICKLAND <mlstrick2@...> wrote:

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

His name was Frederick Wayne Ruppert.  On his death certificate, the last name was spelled as Rupert.  Two p's is correct.
Rosemary

On 10/31/2020 10:24 AM forscher <forscher@...> wrote:

I found the photos I took of Ravensdale from May 2008. They look pretty much like the photos from the three sites Valorie shared earlier.

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

Thank you for the pictures!

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

Katie Hanzeli

OK, this is funny,
I’ve been watching this conversation with interest, and now you have my attention.
I have Frederick Ruppert’s in my family. One was my great-great grandfather and one, his son, my great-grandmother’s brother.
Now I must ask, did your little Frederick’s line come from Ohio, Kansas or California? If one of those, we may have a family connection. The Frederick name was continued around the Rupprecht / Ruppert family quite a bit.
Thanks!
Katie Hanzeli

On Oct 31, 2020, at 10:32 AM, genfreak@... <titusduff@...> wrote:

His name was Frederick Wayne Ruppert. On his death certificate, the last name was spelled as Rupert. Two p's is correct.
Rosemary

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

Aha, Karen, that raises a question--does the King County Preservation Office have the photos you took? And are they available, either in print or digitally?

MaryLynn

Karen

Hi Rosemary, https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/77011/ravensdale-cemetery does not look encouraging.

Some photos here: http://www.ghosttownsofwashington.com/ravensdale-cemetery.html

More info here: http://www.interment.net/data/us/wa/king/ravensdale/index.htm

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

I was wondering if you know if the cemetery is accessible. My uncle is buried there.

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her

forscher

Some more photos of Ravensdale Cemetery May 2008.

Karen

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:25 AM
To: 'Society@SKCGS.groups.io' <Society@SKCGS.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [SKCGS] Ravensdale Cemetery

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

forscher

Last of my May 2008 photos. That is Barbara Heutchy, our cemetery tour guide for the day, and Tom Hitzroth from the King Co. Preservation office.

Karen

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:49 AM

Karen

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

Katie,
My Fredericks(Fred, Sr and Fred Jr) came from Germany. They came west by way of Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Fred Sr. married Caroline Balduf there and headed west. He was a brick mason and built the Brick Tavern in Roslyn. I am sure he built other buildings there and in the Cle Elum and Ellensburg. Fred Jr was a miner. He married Nellie Mae Weddle Hawn in Yakima. Are we close?
Rosemary

Rosemary Titus
TitusDuff Bookkeeping Services LLC
FORWARDING NOTICE: This email is intended solely for the person(s) directly identified above as recipients. You are hereby notified that, without the advance explicit permission of the sender, any forward, dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited.

On 10/31/2020 10:43 AM Katie Hanzeli <khanzeli@...> wrote:

OK, this is funny,
I’ve been watching this conversation with interest, and now you have my attention.
I have Frederick Ruppert’s in my family. One was my great-great grandfather and one, his son, my great-grandmother’s brother.
Now I must ask, did your little Frederick’s line come from Ohio, Kansas or California? If one of those, we may have a family connection. The Frederick name was continued around the Rupprecht / Ruppert family quite a bit.
Thanks!
Katie Hanzeli

On Oct 31, 2020, at 10:32 AM, genfreak@... <titusduff@...> wrote:

His name was Frederick Wayne Ruppert. On his death certificate, the last name was spelled as Rupert. Two p's is correct.
Rosemary

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

Aha, Karen, that raises a question--does the King County Preservation Office have the photos you took? And are they available, either in print or digitally?

MaryLynn

Karen

Hi Rosemary, https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/77011/ravensdale-cemetery does not look encouraging.

Some photos here: http://www.ghosttownsofwashington.com/ravensdale-cemetery.html

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

I was wondering if you know if the cemetery is accessible. My uncle is buried there.

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

Oh, these are wonderful!  I am so glad that you took them.  If it is ok with you, I would like to use the photo of the entrance to the cemetery with Frederick's information. 
Thanks!!!
Rosemary

On 10/31/2020 10:51 AM forscher <forscher@...> wrote:

Last of my May 2008 photos. That is Barbara Heutchy, our cemetery tour guide for the day, and Tom Hitzroth from the King Co. Preservation office.

Karen

Karen

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

forscher

Yes, of course Rosemary.

Karen

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:58 AM
To: Society@SKCGS.groups.io; forscher <forscher@...>

Oh, these are wonderful!  I am so glad that you took them.  If it is ok with you, I would like to use the photo of the entrance to the cemetery with Frederick's information. 

Thanks!!!

Rosemary

Karen

Karen

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

genfreak@comcast.net

Thank you,
Rosemary

On 10/31/2020 11:32 AM forscher <forscher@...> wrote:

Yes, of course Rosemary.

Karen

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 10:58 AM
To: Society@SKCGS.groups.io; forscher <forscher@...>

Thanks!!!

Rosemary

Karen

Karen

Karen

MaryLynn

Thanks, Karen

MaryLynn

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

Sherrie Evans

Today I learned that you can visit the Ravensdale cemetery at any time. Evidently it is fairly overgrown so do be prepared for that but it is an open area that you can walk through

On Oct 30, 2020, at 9:17 PM, forscher <forscher@...> wrote:

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,

Thanks,

Rosemary

--

Katie Hanzeli

Society project??
Katie

On Oct 31, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Sherrie Evans <sherrie.evans@...> wrote:

Today I learned that you can visit the Ravensdale cemetery at any time. Evidently it is fairly overgrown so do be prepared for that but it is an open area that you can walk through

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,
Thanks,
Rosemary

--

Janet Emerson

I think Ravensdale Cemetery could be a good project to think about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Society@SKCGS.groups.io <Society@SKCGS.groups.io> On Behalf Of Katie Hanzeli
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2020 8:13 AM
Cc: SKCGS <board@...>

Society project??
Katie

On Oct 31, 2020, at 4:27 PM, Sherrie Evans <sherrie.evans@...> wrote:

Karen

Valorie

Hi Valorie,
Thanks,
Rosemary

--