Mining older videos, webinars

Hi all, preparing for the next GG/DNA meeting, I've been scouring for resources for attendees, and stumbled across some great old stuff. For instance, keynote addresses are often deadly boring, in my experience. But just watch this one from CeCe Moore, from 2018: 2017 i4GG Keynote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrsFseu7b4. Absolutely fabulous review of the growth of the industry up to 2018. I had forgotten and didn't know part of this -- and there have been new developments. In addition, some really important issues about genetic genealogy credentialing are discussed.

Crista Cowan did a nice series on the GPS (Genealogical Proof Standard) in 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfR2yLsXu88

And Blaine Bettinger has a 5-part Foundations of DNA on Legacy: https://familytreewebinars.com/. Membership is necessary to watch these.

Please reply if you find any of these useful, and share your own finds!

Valorie

Join Society@SKCGS.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.