Re: Things to consider while you are staying safe

Cheri Sayer <cheri.sayer@...>

Nice email MaryLynn!  Hope you get some responses.

Cheri

On May 19, 2020, at 4:22 PM, MARYLYNN STRICKLAND <mlstrick2@...> wrote:

SKCGS has had several virtual meetings recently and everyone seems happy to see each other!  As we are getting better acquainted with each other there are some things to consider.  This society, as with any other non-profit, runs on the volunteer efforts of its members.  Many of the tasks that keep it running smoothly may not be readily evident until there is a break in the system.  We have been so fortunate that when there is a break, others step in.  Now some people are handling extra responsibilities; others have health or family concerns.

We have lots of volunteer opportunities; can you make one of them right for you?

HELP WANTED--Do you have an hour or two available for the good of SKCGS?

What kind of person are you?

 You're a secret gossip (in a positive way)—you like to share good news, especially about coming events

You are a CPA (Cut and Paste Artist)—you have mastered the art of Highlight, Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V

Your skills would be valuable to the Publicity Committee

What kind of person are you?

You like looking at blogs, webinars and other resources to learn what is new in genealogy

You could work with like-minded members to develop programs for general meetings and special interest groups

If you meet these qualifications, you would be a big help on the Education Committee

What kind of person are you?

You like promoting SKCGS in the community at library help desks and answering inquiries from the website

Help to grow the membership and research interests within the group

If you meet these qualifications, you could fit nicely into the Outreach Committee

What kind of person are you?

You like a place for everything and everything in its place

You love books, especially new releases, and have a wish list of things you'd like to read

If you meet these qualifications, there's room for you in the Resource Committee

No need to crowd!  Choose one that fits you and reply to this message.  We can use more than one person in each position so there's opportunity for everyone to volunteer!

Join Society@SKCGS.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.