Persons of Interest 3 May 2021

12 Attended: 10 Members: Melanie Hinds, Carol Whitley Larson, Ileen Peterson, MaryLynn Strickland, Rebecca Dare, Alexis Scholz, David Hutchinson, Winona Laird, Trish Sowards and 2 guests: Nadine, Robert Marvin.

Did I miss anyone?

One month away! Register now for a day with Judy Russell: http://skcgs.org/seminar.html

MaryLynn Strickland: Dorothy Pretare  dpgen@... for advice about finding a professional German researcher.

I ask about FamilySearch Family Tree because I found my husband's most distant maternal-line ancestor there: Kreeb. I never thought I would find such a weird surname there!

Melanie Hinds:
Here is the contact information for the Los Angeles FamilySearch Library: https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Los_Angeles_FamilySearch_Library?fbclid=IwAR08Y9q4DeAPII5bkOwoBeTp1T2ndrwmUc4tVfpm-dqfyzynHQfFZ0lh7YA Melanie had luck by calling and asking for direct research help from them. Thank you for digging out that link.

Rebecca Dare: https://www.archion.de/en/ - really good $$ German database. Nadine: "Thanks for all the hints for my German problem!!"

While discussing apples, apple cider, whiskey-making, etc. we did talk about the health effects, good and bad. It was one of the only medicines available. Cholera killed a LOT of people. Whisky=Water of Life in Gaelic. Alexis mentioned 'fried apples' which are really sauted apples, in a bit of butter and perhaps some brown sugar -- used as sauce or filling for a lot of things, including cake. I used to make something like that to go with pork.

Nadine G: "Happy Birthday-Min is May 10!!" Isn't May great!

What did I forget?

Valorie