Topics

Upcoming Event: Genetic Genealogy/DNA Group: X, Y and Mitochondrial DNA - Mon, 06/08/2020 1:00pm-3:00pm #cal-reminder

Genetic-Genealogy@SKCGS.groups.io Calendar <Genetic-Genealogy@...>

Reminder: Genetic Genealogy/DNA Group: X, Y and Mitochondrial DNA

When: Monday, 8 June 2020, 1:00pm to 3:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://meet.google.com/xnr-fipa-vnq?hs=122&authuser=0

View Event

Organizer: Education Education@... 253-740-2727; text if you need help

If you have a Legacy FamilyTreeWebinar membership, I suggest the DNA Foundations series, which is 5 hours of video from Dr. Blaine Bettinger. This will give you an excellent background.

Also on Legacy Webinars, for X: Which Spot Does X Mark, Anyway? X-DNA Testing in Action by Debra Renard.

Background reading about X:

ISOGG Wiki: X-chromosome testing: https://isogg.org/wiki/X-chromosome_testing

Please print out whichever of these suits you, and bring it to the meeting. Be sure to bring your Gedmatch login with you!

Either Inheritance Fan Charts by Dr. Blaine Bettinger:

Or MS Word tables by Debbie Parker Wayne and Sue Griffith

Y - please bring your questions and experiences. Have you joined a Y project?

mtDNA:

Debbie Parker Wayne, short article from NGS Magazine: http://debbiewayne.com/pubs/pub_NGSMag_201308_mtDNA_ALL.pdf

Join us by clicking or pasting into your browser: https://meet.google.com/xnr-fipa-vnq?hs=122&authuser=0

If you need to call in: (‪US‬) +1 352-460-1949‬ ; PIN: ‪808 343 167#‬

Ileen Peterson

After waiting 21 minutes I gave up trying to be admitted to the meeting.
Thanks for all the great links.
Ileen

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM Genetic-Genealogy@SKCGS.groups.io Calendar <Genetic-Genealogy@skcgs.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Ileen, this meeting is *next* week, the 8th. I hope to see you then.

Valorie

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 1:23 PM Ileen Peterson <ileenpierce@...> wrote:
[...]

OOOPS   I actually put June 8 on my calendar....