Topics

Upcoming Event: Genetic Genealogy/DNA Group - Mon, 05/11/2020 1:00pm-3:00pm #cal-reminder

Genetic-Genealogy@SKCGS.groups.io Calendar <Genetic-Genealogy@...>

Reminder: Genetic Genealogy/DNA Group

When: Monday, 11 May 2020, 1:00pm to 3:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://meet.google.com/eyc-afqf-hxo?hs=122

View Event

Organizer: Education Education@... 254-740-2725

Many of us are "fishing in all the ponds" and have tested or uploaded to numerous sites. Ancestry, 23andMe, MyHeritage, Gedmatch, FamilyTreeDNA, Geneanet and LivingDNA -- that's a lot of data, a lot of matches. How do we keep all this data *useful* to us, to help us answer the questions we're asking about our families.

We'll present some ideas and tools, such as spreadsheets, DNA Painter, Genome Mate Pro. Please bring your questions, frustrations, tips and tricks along to our Google Meet.

Here are some articles to get you thinking.

https://www.yourdnaguide.com/ydgblog/2019/6/18/the-fastest-easiest-way-to-organize-your-dna-matches
https://www.familytreemagazine.com/premium/dna-qa-organizing-dna-matches/#
https://blog.kittycooper.com/tag/dna-spreadsheet/
https://thednageek.com/getting-started-with-genome-mate-pro-part-1-installing-the-program/

Dear all; someone joined early and is not letting me join.

Please let me join!

Valorie

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 12:45 PM Genetic-Genealogy@SKCGS.groups.io Calendar <Genetic-Genealogy@skcgs.groups.io> wrote:

[...]

MARYLYNN STRICKLAND