Family Tree Maker User Group - Sat, 05/01/2021 10:00am-12:00pm #cal-reminder

FTMUG@SKCGS.groups.io Calendar <FTMUG@...>

Reminder: Family Tree Maker User Group

When: Saturday, 1 May 2021, 10:00am to 12:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:https://meet.google.com/jge-zasz-sib?hs=122&authuser=1

View Event

Organizer: Winona Laird

Click or paste the link into your browser to join the meeting: https://meet.google.com/jge-zasz-sib?hs=122&authuser=1

Dave Liesse

Just letting you all know I haven't been ignoring you or blowing you off!  It's tax season and I've been working every Saturday for the past couple months (well, I completely forgot about the February meeting, but I've been working since then).

Dave

Carol Larson

Dave it will be good to see you in June

On May 1, 2021, at 11:09 AM, Dave Liesse <dave@...> wrote:

Just letting you all know I haven't been ignoring you or blowing you off!  It's tax season and I've been working every Saturday for the past couple months (well, I completely forgot about the February meeting, but I've been working since then).

Dave

Winona Laird

We’ve missed you

Winona

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 2021-05-04 11:41, John Reeves wrote:

Winona,

I run a HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV so I can watch on my big screen and listen through my sound bar. This works with zoom. However, with google I only get sound from my laptop. Has anyone else reported this problem?

John

John Reeves

My problem has happened for me for every meeting.

John

I had a similar problem in January -- no video on my laptop, only sound.  Hoping it works better next time I'm able to attend!

---

Dave Liesse, EA
President/General Manager
Skingco Services, Inc.
33720 9th Ave S, Ste 9
Federal Way, WA  98003-6735
(253) 839-9185

On 2021-05-04 11:41, John Reeves wrote:

Winona,

I run a HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV so I can watch on my big screen and listen through my sound bar. This works with zoom. However, with google I only get sound from my laptop. Has anyone else reported this problem?

John

Winona Laird

My only guess would be the settings on your laptop for the video.
Winona

On 2021-05-04 11:41, John Reeves wrote:

Winona,

I run a HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV so I can watch on my big screen and listen through my sound bar. This works with zoom. However, with google I only get sound from my laptop. Has anyone else reported this problem?

John

jkpiet

I'm new to this group and haven't attended a meeting yet, but looking forward to doing so.

I just installed FTM 2019 and I am in overwhelm!  I used my old version of FTM since 2002. I don't know where to start with this 2019 version. Any tips on best resources to get myself jump started in using it?

I'm fighting off an urge to uninstall it and go back to my old version.  :-)

Thanks,
Joyce Pietila

Edward Young

Stay with It Joyce and trust you are being acclimated to a better way of engaging life. Give your powerful mental program enough time to make needed adjustments for the latest version of FTM.

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 10:59 PM jkpiet <jkpietila@...> wrote:
I'm new to this group and haven't attended a meeting yet, but looking forward to doing so.

I just installed FTM 2019 and I am in overwhelm!  I used my old version of FTM since 2002. I don't know where to start with this 2019 version. Any tips on best resources to get myself jump started in using it?

I'm fighting off an urge to uninstall it and go back to my old version.  :-)

Thanks,
Joyce Pietila

Winona Laird

Joyce
So glad you will be joining our group.
Go to help in the program and start watching the Training Tutorials. These will help you get started.
We are not have the Family Tree Maker User Groups in June as the Society is having a seminar With Judy Russell as our speaker, Check our website for that. SCKGS.org
Our next FTM meeting will be July 3.  You will get notice for that meeting.
Winona Laird

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 10:59 PM jkpiet <jkpietila@...> wrote:
I'm new to this group and haven't attended a meeting yet, but looking forward to doing so.

I just installed FTM 2019 and I am in overwhelm!  I used my old version of FTM since 2002. I don't know where to start with this 2019 version. Any tips on best resources to get myself jump started in using it?

I'm fighting off an urge to uninstall it and go back to my old version.  :-)

Thanks,
Joyce Pietila

Margie Stahl

Joyce, don’t give up. The changes are really good.
I would be happy to spend time on the phone with you if that would help.
If you want send me a private message and I’ll give you my phone #

Margie

--
Margie Stahl