Books and Articles
* Cedar Mountain: A lost town amongst the Highway: https://voiceofthevalley.com/2019/04/23/cedar-mountain-a-lost-town-amongst-the-highway/
- Lorenz, Laura. Historical Sketch of the Greater Maple Valley Area. Card Sharks Printers, 1986.
- McDonald, L. (961, April 2). Lost towns of King County: Busy Cedar Mountain of former years now is only a memory. The Seattle Times.
- Slauson, M. C. (1967). One Hundred Years Along the Cedar River. Maple Valley, WA: King County Library System.
* Washington's Green River Coal Company by C. William Thorndale. Thesis submitted to the UW, 1965. (On loan from BDHistorical Society)
* Black Diamond: Mining the Memories. Ed. Diane and Cory Olson. Black Diamond Historical Society.
* Company Coal Town: Franklin and the Oregon Improvement Company 1990 - 1896. John C. Hanscom. Green River Community College, 1988.
* From Smoke To Mist: An Archeological Study of Franklin, WA, A "Turn of the Century" Company Coal Town. Gerald C. Hedlund and Mark A. Vernon. GRCC, 1994.
Items in our files