[US Black Heritage] Freedman Bureau Records at Ancestry

FYI. We're not that far back on many of our fellows, but we'll get there, I hope! -v

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Emma MacBeath <macbeathgen@...>
Date: Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 6:44 PM
Subject: [US Black Heritage] Freedman Bureau Records at Ancestry
To: WikiTree's US Black Heritage Project <wikitrees-african-american-project@...>

Hello all,

I just found out that Ancestry has now made available 3.5 million searchable Freedman Bureau records. This is an exciting addition because they are searchable. Here is a link that tells you more: https://www.ancestry.com/cs/freedmens

As LG Price pointed out, this is still only a fraction of the available records, but it's a good start at making records more accessible to searchers.

Emma